Courses for Adults
Conductor Peter Fender runs a course in the Summer in Sicily. It is mainly adults, but more teenagers have started coming along (about 6 last year).
SUMMER COURSE 2018, SCICLI, SICILY: 23 - 29 JULY
- A friendly orchestral course for adults and young people in the stunningly beautiful southeastern corner of Sicily.
- Spouses/ partners/children are most welcome, and (non-playing ones) are exempt from the course fee.
- Rehearsals and accommodation are in the beautiful baroque town of Scicli (pronounced Shee-klee!) with a concert (or possibly two concerts) at the end of the week.
- Enjoy the superb history, architecture, beaches, food and hospitality of this unspoiled region!
- If you know the TV series ‘Inspector Montalbano’ then you will already be familiar with this area.
Peter Fender will conduct and there will be a professional orchestral leader. There will be three morning rehearsals
(24-26 July) in our base of Scicli. Then on the Saturday, there will be a concert preceded by a late afternoon rehearsal. There is the possibility of a second concert, but this isn't yet
confirmed. The rehearsals will be in the center of Scicli.
The exact repertoire is to be confirmed - it will depend to some extent on who applies. Nonetheless this year we
will have some Sicilian singers and we will do more operatic music ... with some orchestral and one or two lighter bits mixed in.
Instruments sought: flute / oboe / clarinet / bassoon / horn / trumpet / trombone / tuba / violin / viola / 'cello / double bass / timpani / percussion.
We have players with a variety of standards across the orchestra (including professional). Orchestral experience is more important than grade standard, but as a guide: grade 6 plus.